× Members

Trichoillomania

More
3 years 6 months ago #251238 by Dee1592
Trichoillomania was created by Dee1592
Hello
I have severe anxiety and depression. I pull out my hair (Trichotillomania).
I wear a wig and and i bald (some hair but lots of bald patches).
I was wondering if anyone else has this condition and has received an award?
thaks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #251245 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Trichoillomania
Hi Deirdre

Welcome
Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

It's not so much the conditions that a claimant has, but the impact they have on their daily living and/or mobility.

So for example - There is a question about mixing with other people. So what impact does your severe anxiety and depression have on your ability to do so? Does it stop you going out, does your Trichotillomania further exacerbate your difficulties, and if so in what way in communicating with others.

You would need to look at each question and see how it affects you. There are plenty of people with mental health conditions and disorders who do receive PIP.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.