× Members

Moving and ESA and Housing Costs

More
3 years 7 months ago #251298 by Zinny
Moving and ESA and Housing Costs was created by Zinny
My relative receives ESA and housing costs( i.e. service charges) - not housing benefits as owns own flat. How can I find out what happens if they move - will they have to switch to Universal Credit? I am sure if they stay with same council area nothing will change - but what happens if they move to different council? I have searched on line and can find nothing. Entitledto only talk about housing benefits which is different. I visited Citizen Advice and they don't know. I phoned an Advice Centre and they were not even aware benefit claimants could claim service charge costs. I realise you may not know the answer - but who can I ask?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #251309 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Moving and ESA and Housing Costs
Hi Zonky

It is not that straight forward, as it would depend on a number of factors such as, Leasehold, Shared Ownership properties. Unfortunately your question is outside the remit of this forum.

To get the answer you are looking for you will need to contact Shelter england.shelter.org.uk/legal/home_owners...on_of_service_charge

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.