× Members

self employed furlough scheme for permitted work

More
3 years 7 months ago #251299 by Disy
Hello everyone... is there any information regarding the self employed furlough scheme for those doing self employed work under the DWP permitted work scheme. I can, technically and legally earn a self employed income of up to £140 per week under this scheme without it effecting any other benefit just as long as I work no more than 16 hours per week. Earnings must be declared to both the DWP and HMRC via a tax return. I wondered if I could apply for cash from HMRC under the furlough scheme. Many thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #251334 by Gordon
Disy

I can't see why you can't apply although you will need to be quick as the scheme is currently due to end at the end of next month.

The following page suggests that you should have already been contacted by HMRC if eligible but there is a checker toll towards the bottom of the page.

www.yourmoney.com/household-bills/what-t...hanges-mean-for-you/

Remember you cannot earn more than £140/week after tax and you cannot work for 16 or more hours a week.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Disy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.