× Members

PIP renewal timescale to hear anything from DWP

More
3 years 6 months ago #251807 by nicmcc
Hi, Background: I am in my 40s. I transferred from DLA to PIP about 2.5 years ago so this is my first PIP renewal.
When transferring to PIP my award went up from middle rate care and lower mobility to enhanced for both - (my health and ablity to do things had decreased) the only disappointing thing was my award length -~ in the past my last 2 DLA awards had been for 5 years each time, this time I received the decision dated April 18 for an award from May 30th 18 to 8th October 20 - so 2.5 years.

For my first PIP assessment, I had an at home assessment and apart from the length of time he recommended until my next review there was not much I could be unhappy with (well one area), but I was happy with the award.

My award was due to end 8th October 2020, so I was expecting my renewal in April 20, then the pandemic hit so I hung fire ringing as they were extending awards.

In June I received my extension letter to extend my award to April 2021. In August I received my AR1 (dated 8th August) I used the guides to fill it in.

The day before the DWP had to have received my completed form, the post tracking said it hadn't arrived, so we rang just to be on the safe side.
The lady on the phone was very helpful and extended the return date. She also said that if we see that it had arrived and not received a text by a day or two later to ring (she checked the number).
It arrived the next day (so on the date they needed it by) this was Tuesday 8th September.

We did not get a text, so waited until the Friday and called again. This time a different lady acknowledged the receipt of the form, said it was logged in the system (and made a comment about all the additional pages). She also said not to worry because not everyone are getting texts (I can't remember the reason she gave for this, it was either the system or how the pandemic was affecting everything).

I haven't heard anything since, I understand everything going on right now, but does anyone have any idea on the time scales they are working on now?
Anyone else returned a renewal around the same time? If so what have you been informed of and when?

I probably would have felt a bit more at ease if I'd received a text, I'm just worried that the first thing I'm going to know about anything is when my money stops, because I've missed something. I don't know how many times I've received a letter after something happened - and that was before the pandemic.

I'm also concerned as today a withheld number hung up on answering, it's probably coincidence, but after going through these a few times (and the things that have gone wrong) it can make you a bit paranoid.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #251821 by BIS
Hi Nic

Some people have received their decision within three weeks and some people have to wait up to ten weeks (and sometimes more) - I'm afraid it's the luck of the draw.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicmcc

More
3 years 6 months ago #251848 by traceytracey
Replied by traceytracey on topic PIP renewal timescale to hear anything from DWP
Hi Nic,

I sent my form March 17th. Then Covid hit so was given 6 month extension. Received form in May and returned it. Telephone assessment July 21st. Still not heard anything. I called them last week to be told that i should hear by end of October. My extended award ends 22nd November. So as Bis said can be anytime unfortunately. :)

More
3 years 6 months ago #251887 by tambc
Hi nic

Dont worry, I have a very similar timeline as you.

My original award would have expired 27th September 2020 then got 6 month extension which changed my award expiry date to 27th March.

They sent out the form July 26th which I requested an extra few weeks to send back. They recieved my form on 8th September and heard nothing since then, I called them and they confirmed they have recieved it. Just a waiting game now, terribly anxious. I pray to got i dont need an assessment but have to wait and see. Good luck with yours, all the best.

More
3 years 6 months ago #252058 by nicmcc
Thank you everyone and best of luck :)

More
3 years 6 months ago #252449 by nicmcc
Don't know if this helps anyone, but I finally received a text on the 20th October "Thanks for sending us your 'How your disability affects you' form. We may need you to attend a consultation with a health professional before we make our decision. We'll contact you again if we do. Please call us if any of the details you gave us have changed."

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.