× Members

What happens next?

More
3 years 6 months ago #252055 by traceytracey
What happens next? was created by traceytracey
Hi All,
My PIP was due to end May 2020. I had a 6 month extension.
I received my "How does your disability affect you" in May.
Had telephone assessment in July.
Received letter stating they had all they needed to make a decision.
However I am getting increasingly anxious, my extended award ends on 22nd Nov 2020.
I called last week ago and was told it was still with the decision maker. He said to call about the 29th Oct , which is a bit close to the end date.

So my question is if they don't renew my award by Nov 22nd, what happens? does my pip just end?
Even if I get a decision soon it doesn't give me any time to do a MR (if I need to).
I know they are very busy and inundated with claims, which is why there is a delay, but i feel they are cutting it very fine.

Any insight?

Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #252075 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic What happens next?
traceytracey

If no Decision is made by 20 November then I would expect the DWP to extend your award again, it is important to note that this would happen due to the current crisis, not because this is standard procedure. If it is not extended then it will end on the 20th at your payments will cease, any new award would then start on the 21st.

With the exception of the above example, any new Decision will apply from the date that it is made, not the 22nd so you will have the normal period to request an MR if one is needed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 6 months ago #252120 by traceytracey
Replied by traceytracey on topic What happens next?
Thank you Gordon,

I will just have to wait a bit and if I don't hear call them again later on in October :(

Fingers crossed :)

More
3 years 5 months ago #253297 by traceytracey
Hi All,
I called them again on 29th October asking when I would get my decision letter. I was told by a gentleman that my award had changed in my favour but he wouldn't confirm exactly. I can only assume from that comment that it would be changed from enhanced daily living, standard mobility to enhanced for both.He seemed quite disgusted that I had waited all this time. However I still have not had a decision letter, so am loathed to think that all is o.k until I get it. :( It is very frustrating to have to wait and see until 26th November when either my next payment will be paid or whether I will get nothing. (my last payment was 29th October.

kind regards
Very anxious traceytracey

More
3 years 5 months ago #253298 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic What happens next?
tracey

The wait time is not in any way a reflection of the award you might receive it just means that your file is stuck in a tall pile with a load of other ones.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 5 months ago #253326 by traceytracey
I know Gordon :(

I totally understand what they are up against I do permitted work in a doctors surgery (currently shielding) so understand the impact covid 19 is having everywhere. I was Just venting. I will just have to be patient ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.