× Members

ESA Phone Assessment

More
3 years 6 months ago #252092 by Mark
ESA Phone Assessment was created by Mark
Hi

So had my assessment today. Should have been last week but didn’t go well. Had already been told that I had a 5 hour window but decided not to challenge it. Had a phone call from restricted number at 10.30. It rang once I answered and they hung up. This caused me some concern as I thought maybe they will claim that they phoned and I failed to answer. So I phoned up. Now I made a mistake at this point and phoned the 0800 number rather than the local office. The guy was nice enough. But told me his records said I would receive a phone call between 12 and 1. He also said that no assessor phoned me but sometimes they phone to check on availability which is a bit odd. Make a nuisance call to check availability?

Anyway no phone call came between 12 and 1. Waited until half past then phoned again. At this point I was made aware that I should phone the local office. So I did and they told me that the five hour window was on their records. So I said I’m not waiting any more I want to rearrange it. This was fine for them. No objections. They gave me an exact time for today’s assessment. She phoned 10 minutes afterwards but no big deal.

Not sure if it is my phone or if other people have found it hard to hear them clearly. Got her to phone me back on landline instead but wasn’t really much better.

Lasted 36 minutes. She was polite and professional. Can’t really complain about that whichever way it goes. I felt she didn’t cover all of my ESA50 answers she tended to focus on just one or two. Hard to say if she had enough information to fail me or enough to keep me in support group as I know a bit about their LiMA system and the computer seems to guide them with questions. Did not get any points 2 years ago with my first WCA instead it was based on risk clause.

Anyway, now the dreaded wait for the result.

Mark

P..S. I am expecting the worst and have no issue asking for an MR as I’m getting PIP so have other money coming in. But I wonder if I should fill out the MR pdf and print it off or just write a letter. Thing is the form asks about additional evidence you are submitting. I haven’t got any so wondered if just writing a letter would be a way of avoiding drawing attention to the fact that I have nothing else to submit?

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #253568 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic ESA Phone Assessment
Hi

Well I got the dreaded letter today. Was expecting the worst. Had already completed the MR so was ready to post it off.

But they have kept me in the support group!

I’ve asked for a copy of report but guy on phone didn’t know what I was requesting. Put me on hold twice then said he will send off a note to someone who can send it to me. I’ll probably end up phoning again in a few weeks to request it again. Why not just send them automatically?

Any I can’t complain. Just a big relief hopefully for a couple of years.

Would also like to send my best wishes to Gordon (and the other MODS).

I was already on ESA when I joined the site but had browsed for a while. I have looked at all the documents available to members and knew I would be prepared for anything the DWP throw at me. PIP reassessment should be next year.

Thanks to the MODS.

We often think about our own problems but we don’t wonder if any of the MODS have health problems or if they like us have to navigate the system for themselves rather than just to answer our questions.

Thanks again.

Mark

More
3 years 5 months ago #253571 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA Phone Assessment
Hi Mark

So delighted to hear your good news and that your worst-case scenario was not realised. Congratulations.

They don't send out reports automatically, because of the cost factor, but also a lot of people don't want to read them. even if they have had a good outcome.

Thanks for the shout out for us Mods - we're pleased to try and help.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.