× Members

Difficulty in making claims

More
3 years 6 months ago #252396 by DavidJ61
Difficulty in making claims was created by DavidJ61
Hi,
Thanks again for assisting my in my fight to regain DLA/PIP after it was taken away from my during the changeover to PIP.

I now have another issue which is causing a major headache. I had to sell my house due to being in the position of having an interest only mortgage and no way to pay it off at the end of its term. So, I sold it and now I live on a narrowboat.
The first problem is that I do not have a postcode of my own. I do reside in a marina most of the time but I am not really able to use this for a home postcode. I also have a "boatmail" address but again, I can't really use this either as it is nowhere near where I am located.

The other problem is that back in February, I had to start working part time due to fatigue and other issues caused by my disabiltity (C.M.T.). I now only work 16 hours per week, 4 days at 4 hours per day. However, despite living on a narrowboat, which is cheaper than a house, I am struggling to keep up with payments and what little savings I have are dwindling fast.
I think I am entitled to Universal Credit but cannot proceed to claim without a suitable postcode. I am also unsure of other benfits I could claim and I made an attempt to claim for the new ESA but this was turned down because I am working.

Can someone please offer any advice? I am able to provide further information if required.

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #252433 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Difficulty in making claims
David

Have you considered getting a Post Box?

www.royalmail.com/receiving/po-box

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 6 months ago #252452 by ravenmiss
Replied by ravenmiss on topic Difficulty in making claims
I know for people who have no fixed or permanent address they are happy to send to a c/o address. Do you have anyone you can trust to do this for you? Would work do it? Obviously, you'd need to speak to the DWP about it and make sure.

More
3 years 6 months ago #252474 by sandra
Replied by sandra on topic Difficulty in making claims
Hi There is a FB page called Canal Market Place where people can chat about all things canal wise ,I have seen a few posts about finding a postal address info and there are constructive replies so please have a look I am sure they will sort you out

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.