× Members

My PIP assssor lied

More
3 years 5 months ago #252417 by Freddiesgranny
My PIP assssor lied was created by Freddiesgranny
My PIP assessor was a nurse. She lied at my assessment. My husband drove me to my assessment and attended with me. We chatted about her coming from Dublin and how she might have been in his cousin's group during her training. She stated on my form that I had driven myself to the assessment (in my wildest dreams) and that I had attended alone. I am a former nurse and feel she should be reported to the NMC because in any other field of nursing this would be seen as gross misconduct. But I am not sure, just wondered what other people think

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #252424 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic My PIP assssor lied
HI AB

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

From your post I am not sure if you have requested a Mandatory Reconsideration.

The first stage to challenging a Decision is for you to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, this needs to be done in writing to the DWP, within one month of the Decision, to the office that dealt with your claim, have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide for details of the process, the PIP area also has template letters that you can use to make the request with.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

You should contact the DWP for a copy of the assessment report (PA4) if you have not already done so, I would phone them but again follow up the request in writing. Once you have the assessment report you will have a better understanding of how the DWP Decision Maker has come to their conclusions and will then be able to argue against them.

Understand that the assessor is offering an opinion when they say that you can do the PIP activities, tackling these head-on is unlikely to be successful, you need to show that the basis of that opinion is founded on incorrect information, so try and refer to your evidence to undermine what they have said.

Also, try and stick to issues that lead to your scoring points, I often hear members referring to the assessors spelling, as an example, whilst it may show a lack of professionalism, raising it as an issue isn't going to help you get an award.

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation;

Lastly, make sure that you understand the criteria that you are being assessed against you can put the best case forward that is possible but you won't score points if you do not meet the PIP Descriptors.

When you have a better idea of the issues with your claim, come back to the forum and we will do our best to help.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Freddiesgranny

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #252425 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic My PIP assssor lied
Hi AB

If you want to put in a formal complaint about the quality of the report, this is dealt with separately from the MR. People often ask if there is any point. All I can tell you is that many find the complaints lead to nothing, but we have had some on this forum, where a complaint has had a positive outcome. Only you can decide what is right for you. Your complaint about the assessment needs to be made to the DWP.

You can make a complaint to the Assessment Provider

Complaining to the PIP Assessment Providers

You might also want to involve your MP

Contacting your MP

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Gary.

More
3 years 5 months ago #252434 by Dan Statham
Replied by Dan Statham on topic My PIP assssor lied
Your treatment seems very familiar, prolly to lots of us here! It is really worthwhile complaining to the assessor. Not because anything will come from it (unlikely anything you say will be accepted) but because (if you ask for the assessor's response) they will give away something / act offensively / lie. Doubling down. Sometimes, if the response from the assessor can be proven false (which happened in my case) this will give you another string to your bow when you take it to a tribunal. Which is likely where you'll have to go. But it can cause the MR to be more of a headache for the DWP, and may produce results? Act quickly, though, you have quite limited time; especially if you need further evidence. But, good luck! Keep fighting. Don't let these kinds of people get rewarded for this behaviour!

More
3 years 5 months ago #252441 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic My PIP assssor lied
A

You can complain to the assessor's governing authority, the GMC is relevant for a doctor, for a nurse it is the Nurses and Midwifery Council, for physiotherapists, it's the Health and Care Professions Council, and for paramedics, it's the College of Paramedics.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, incognito, Freddiesgranny, Dan Statham

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.