× Members

ESA: couple moving in together

• Howard Caudrelier
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #252422 by Howard Caudrelier
ESA: couple moving in together was created by Howard Caudrelier
My girlfriend and I live in separate houses and both are in receipt of PIP and ESA. I would like to know what will happen to our ESA if/when we move in together? We are both on the income based ESA and in the support group. The online calculators are all producing different results and I’m left very confused!

Any help please would be appropriated.

Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaddy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #252439 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA: couple moving in together
Howard

You will be treated as a couple which means one of you will have to close to your ESA claim and will be added to the household of the other.

The Personal Allowance for the remaining claim will be increased to the Couples rate about £40/week more and depending on your circumstances you may receive the couples of some of the ESA Premiums. Certainly, the Enhanced Disability Premium which shows as the "Disability Income Guarantee" on the Entitlement letters and if you both have PIP Daily Living awards and there will be no other adults living with you, the Severe Disability Premium which shows as "money because you are severely disabled".

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Howard Caudrelier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.