× Members

Fitness to Practice

More
3 years 5 months ago #252456 by Tuliptrees
Fitness to Practice was created by Tuliptrees
I have engaged with the professional body overseeing the Assessor who did my review. I want to obtain a copy of the Assessors recording (I couldn't do this at the time of the assessment). Do I ask for it from IAS or DWP, or will the HCPC obtain a copy? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #252465 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Fitness to Practice
Hi Margo

If this was PIP - then assessments are not recorded by the Assessor, they are only recorded by the claimants. If this was ESA review - this would only be recorded if it was organised ( and that was before the lockdown). If there is a recording the DWP are unlikely to give a copy to you.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 5 months ago #252479 by Tuliptrees
Replied by Tuliptrees on topic Fitness to Practice
Thanks Biz, but my PIP assessment was a mentored one. All but the last ten minutes was the stage three trainee assessor with the last ten minutes by the experienced assessor. I am assuming as he was being 'mentored' that they would have recorded his assessment, if ony for their own 'assessment purposes'?

More
3 years 5 months ago #252494 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Fitness to Practice
Margo

It would not have been recorded without the assessor obtaining your explicit consent, to do so would have been a serious breach of the Data Protection Act.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tuliptrees

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.