× Members

Letter out of the blue

More
3 years 5 months ago #252457 by 1967tazmin
Letter out of the blue was created by 1967tazmin
I tried to get pip I had been on dla for many years low rate . They stopped my dla in 2016 I went for a traumatising interview they said I got 7 points I needed 8 . I appealed still nothing then out of the blue a letter came in 2019 says they had looked at my claim for traveling by myself again and I didn’t qualify . Why’s is this happening

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #252464 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Letter out of the blue
Hi 1967tazmin

The letter out of the blue is due to a court judgement which forced the DWP to look at a large number of claimants to see whether they were affected by the new ruling on traveling. Many other claimants have also received the letter and there was a big time lapse because it was challenged in the courts/

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.