× Members

PIP renewal - current advice on assessments needed

More
3 years 5 months ago #252461 by cynical_optimist
PIP renewal - current advice on assessments needed was created by cynical_optimist
Hi all,

Renewal time has rolled around.

I haven't been able to find concrete information on the state of assessments for people making a renewal. I am guessing face-to-face assessments are still on hold, and assessments are being done by telephone currently?

Are people being called for fresh medical assessment when going through PIP renewal?

Thanks all,

RB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #252462 by BIS
Hi Cynical_optimist

All assessments are currently paper-based or by telephone whether a claimant is renewing their PIP or claiming for the first time. The majority are phone assessments.

You can read about the process in the PIP guide. There are eight pages covering phone assessments.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: cynical_optimist

More
3 years 5 months ago #252534 by cynical_optimist
Replied by cynical_optimist on topic PIP renewal - current advice on assessments needed
Thanks BIS!

I have a second question. I have a copy of my last ATOS medical assessment, which although not entirely correct, scored enough points for an award, so I didn't challenge the inaccuracies! Is it worth including a copy of this alongside my medical letters & the review form? I want to make sure it's seen, as I don't know if they'll look through my full history.

Best wishes

More
3 years 5 months ago #252549 by Gordon
cynical_optimist

You can but I would read it very carefully before you do, it would be unusual for a report to be 100% supportive and you do not want to introduce issues to your reassessment that you would otherwise avoid.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: cynical_optimist

More
3 years 5 months ago #252568 by cynical_optimist
Replied by cynical_optimist on topic PIP renewal - current advice on assessments needed
Thanks Gordon,

It's more that I really don't want to go through a telephone assessment, and my last two medicals have been accurate enough, at least regarding my physical health. It's a long shot, but I was hoping that if they can see my physical health is static, and has been - per their own reports - for 8+ years, they won't see a need to call me up for assessment. Especially as there's no physical exam they can do over the phone!

It's such a pain in the bum.

Thanks again!

More
3 years 2 months ago #254559 by cynical_optimist
Update!

Back in late December I got my PIP award result, retaining my standard rate care, and enhanced mobility, without any telephone call / assessments.

Less great, the award is for two years, so I get to enjoy this all over again in a year or so's time. Given my issues are now all static, and my last award was for 5 years, it's frustrating to have a short award, but it's better than a poke in the eye!

Thanks all for your calming advice,

R.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.