× Members

Success thanks to this site

More
3 years 5 months ago #252581 by Susan
Success thanks to this site was created by Susan
I just wanted to thank this group for all the valuable resources that have helped me successfully claim my PIP. I have applied for PIP three times the first two were granted on appeal after a lot of stress etc. This one I used the resources and information available on here and although my condition hasn’t changed I got enhanced for both parts previously I only qualified for enhanced on living component. The letter also states they owe me back payments, but not why or how much. I really don’t care I am just elated that finally I have been able to explain in detail what my illness has done and continues to do to me on a daily basis. Keep up this amazing work. I just need to work out if I am eligible for a blue badge or not, why do they make the wording so hard to understand?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #252583 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Success thanks to this site
Hi Susan

That is really terrific news, well done and congratulations.

Do you qualify for a blue badge?

You’ll be able to get a Blue Badge automatically if you:
* get the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
* get Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and scored 8 points or more in the ‘moving around’ activity (check your decision letter if you’re not sure)
* get Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and scored 10 points for Descriptor E under the ‘planning and following journeys’ activity (check your decision letter)
* are registered blind (severely sight impaired)
* get a War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement
* received a lump sum payment as part of the Armed Forces Compensation scheme and have a permanent and substantial disability that affects your walking.

If you’re not automatically eligible you may be able to get a Blue Badge in certain circumstances. For example, if:

* you can’t walk at all, or you can’t walk without help from someone else or using mobility aids
* you have a terminal illness, which means you can’t walk or find walking very difficult and have a DS1500 form
* you have a severe disability in both arms which means you have considerable difficulty operating parking meters
* you are always a significant risk to yourself or other people when you’re near vehicles, in traffic or car parks
* you often become extremely anxious or fearful of public or open spaces.

www.gov.uk/blue-badge-scheme-information-council

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.