× Members

terrified PIP RV Dec want me to phone now

More
3 years 5 months ago #253231 by angie2
I am still struggling and my mental health is deteriorating fast!
Spent 4.5 hours on phone today, being batted back and forth to two different numbers. With my husband here, as my advocate, and to help because of my severe breathlessness.
A while ago I explained how terrified I was, I still am.
I managed to get them to post out a PIP 1007 claim form as my pip ends 13 december 2020.
I returned the form. One call today confirmed they received the form on 3/November 2020 - but stated they were unable to send the Main Claim form/Review where you state what conditions impact on daily living and mobility have stayed the same or got worse.
After 4.5 hours, and being batted between 2 different numbers, the final person stated he would NOT send out the form I need until I complete again, the initial form, which I returned and they earlier had stated they had received on 3/11/2020.

I am completely exasperated, they seem to be denying me the right to complete that second form. Has anyone else experienced this, whats the solution, I am too breathless to undertake it on phone, and more to the point they have received part one, and now refusing to send part 2 unless. part one is completed again over the telephone. Please please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #253235 by BIS
Hi Thora

I'm sorry you're having such a time with them. I understand your ability to not be able to speak, but if your husband is capable of speaking on your behalf, I would phone again (your husband can do this - explain that he is speaking on your behalf and that you are right there and can confirm that you give permission for him to speak. It is literally that - you confirm who you are and then you hand over the phone - your husband can then speak and he asks for a call back from a manager (you are entitled to this) and he says this is causing a deterioration in your health. He should then be able to explain that the issue is and see if you can get it looked at. You will have to do that this week. If they won't budge you will have to comply with what they've said and put in an official complaint.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 5 months ago #253238 by angie2
Replied by angie2 on topic terrified PIP RV Dec want me to phone now
Thank you.
in each of the 4 calls my husband explained whole situation, and was told to phone another number.I confirmed permission and ID for him on each occassion when asked.
Then they had us going between 2 different numbers. One confirming form was receieved next refusing to agree, and stating ONLY WAY I will get the Second form is by going through form one on the phone again!

Its ridiculous the whole reason form was sent out for completion was the person realised I was struggling to breath and talk!? I am now despairing. can they withold the main form?

More
3 years 5 months ago #253242 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic terrified PIP RV Dec want me to phone now
Thora

I agree it is ridiculous given the DWP already have all of the information that is needed to complete the form on the PIP system.

I can only suggest two routes forward.

You phone, with your husband and complete the form over the telephone, there is a list of the questions you are going to be asked in the PIP Claim guide.

Or, you contact your MP and ask for their assistance with the matter.

www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-a...ord/contact-your-mp/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 5 months ago #253354 by angie2
Replied by angie2 on topic terrified PIP RV Dec want me to phone now
Thank you.
This morning my partner/carer took more time off work. Got through to a helpful member of PIP staff. It was again, confirmed my part 1 form arrived on 03 November 2020. It was in a queue to be looked at. Later stated that the form would be looked at today, and Part 2 Medical questionnaire form will, be sent out in next few days, if there are no issues found with part 1 form. They will phone if there are issues with part one?

So lets see what happens.
Thanks for your advice, and I now have my local MP's details at hand, should it be needed.
But the deterioration in my mental health, and physical health, is not being helped, by PIP's responses to date.

More
3 years 5 months ago #253357 by Gary
Hi thora

Thank you for keeping us informed and other forum members. MP's can be very useful, those that are pro-active.

Fingers crossed for you that everything will be plain sailing from now on.

Gary

The following user(s) said Thank You: angie2

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.