× Members

Should I wait for usual Gp to complete DWP form?

More
3 years 5 months ago #253310 by Skyfall
I am applying as appointee for my 16 year old son as he transfers from DLA (currently highest rate and mobility) to PIP. I had an out of the blue phonemail from a nurse saying she was completing the medical form -the call was only about 15 minutes and I was walking the dog so not easy to concentrate. now GP practice have phoned and say DWP request a GP report, he wants a phone appointment first. My son is seen by a paediatrician every 4 months, he has M.E /Chronic Fatigue syndrome and is housebound so haven't seen GP for at least two years. GP on annual leave for 2 weeks, he does know my son's history well but I've read the report should be completed in 5 days... should I ask for another GP to complete so it's on time please? Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #253314 by BIS
Hi Hero7

Only you can decide what is best, but I think it is good that the GP wants a phone appointment first, because it shows that they want to fill out the form in the best way they can. Before the call make a bulleted list of anything you want the GP to comment on. As you son is housebound make sure the GP includes that, and the reasons why. You can always change your mind during the call if you feel that this is not the best person to fill it out.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 5 months ago #253393 by Skyfall
Thank you very much,BIS,
That's a really good plan, I will definitely write a list of bullet points and explain exactly why my son is housebound.Hopefully the GP will be supportive.
Many thanks,
Hero 7

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.