× Members

Do I need to inform ESA?

More
3 years 5 months ago #253359 by Rainbownut
Do I need to inform ESA? was created by Rainbownut
Hi,

I applied for PIP in February & was only awarded standard Daily Living. The DWP just changed their decision right before the appeal deadline for them to respond. They have now upped it to a double enhanced award until July 2026. YAYYYYYY, go me for fighting them & thank you for your support guides!!!

I only applied for new style contribution ESA last month, so I’m still in the assessment stage & waiting for my form to arrive. Do I need to notify ESA that my PIP has gone up? Especially as they gave 12 points for not being able to walk 20m & I believe the ESA criteria is 50m? Or does it not effect ESA at all?

Also, on the PIP front.....although they have now given me the double enhanced award, they have been very stingy with the allocated points & despite me also having ASD, ADHD & PTSD & suppling lots of supporting evidence for these areas from my consultants, they have still refused to give any points for any of the mental health areas. Is it worth me writing a letter to say I’m unhappy with this, just to have it on record for the next renewal?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #253361 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Do I need to inform ESA?
Hi Lisa

That is really terrific news, well done and congratulations.

I would inform ESA even though it will not make much difference, as ESA criteria is different from PIP although there are a few crossovers. You may be entitled to additional premiums depending on your circumstances: www.gov.uk/disability-premiums/what-youll-get

We cannot tell you whether or not to write to DWP if you are unhappy with the allocated points as you are already in receipt of the enhanced for both components, so writing to DWP will make no difference, you may want to ask for a copy of the assessors report just for your record. I have seen a few post on this forum from other members asking a similar question to you.

All I would say is that you have won your first battle, you have your ESA coming up, enjoy what you have and re-charge your batteries, but well done for staying the course.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @APPEAL@PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 5 months ago #253369 by Rainbownut
Replied by Rainbownut on topic Do I need to inform ESA?
Thanks Gary.

I think the ESA form is available online? If so, is it worth me filling it in & sending it with my evidence now, or do I need to wait for them to finally send it?

More
3 years 5 months ago #253386 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Do I need to inform ESA?
Lisa

You can complete the form now but you need to wait for the paper one to be sent to you to find out the address to return it to.

www.gov.uk/government/publications/capab...r-work-questionnaire

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.