× Members

PIP Appeal Appointee

More
3 years 5 months ago #253365 by ELEANOR
PIP Appeal Appointee was created by ELEANOR
As expected my daughter's mandatory consideration for PIP was unsuccessful and we will now go to appeal. I am her appointee. Will I have the video/phone call or will she?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #253375 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Appeal Appointee
Hi Irisheyes

I'm sorry you were unsuccessful. Only 17% of MRs are overturned. Appeals have 83% success rate but the disadvantage besides more stress is the long wait. In terms of the phone call, you can both be on it. In your submission you should say that as her appointee you would like to be able to do the majority of the speaking, giving the reasons why, but the chances are is the panel will want to hear from your daughter. It's not always the case -- but it's why you want to bring it up in your submission. Write it as a separate not for the judge.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ELEANOR

More
3 years 4 months ago #253564 by ELEANOR
Replied by ELEANOR on topic PIP Appeal Appointee
I have downloaded the form. Page 9 states: Representatives should not sign this form. I am the appointee. May I sign the form? The MCR letter was sent on November 6 but I did not receive it until November 16. I live in Cardiff and my daughter lives in Oxford. If I have to post the completed form to her to sign and ask her to post it on it won't get there in time.

More
3 years 4 months ago #253570 by BIS
Hi Irisheyes

I would sign it and attach a note explaining why you have signed it and that you are her appointee. Make sure you have at least two copies of the letter and the form. I would contact the tribunal services and say what you have done.

You then send a copy of the form to your daughter, and you attach a new letter explaining why they will have received two copies. And get her to send one once she has signed it.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ELEANOR, denby

More
3 years 4 months ago #253934 by ELEANOR
Replied by ELEANOR on topic PIP Appeal Appointee
I have entered my details as appointee on page 2 of form SSCS1PE. Do I also fill in Section 4: about your representative?

More
3 years 4 months ago #253936 by BIS
Hi Irisheyes

Re: Section 4 - yes

BIS

The following user(s) said Thank You: ELEANOR

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.