× Members

Preparing for Telephone Tribunal for PPI - Advice

More
3 years 4 months ago #253408 by Delisha
Good afternoon

I was originally awarded DLA in 2009, Standard Rate Care and Enhanced Rate Mobility (I used the guides on this website). I was 55 at the time. Last year I was told that my DLA was being stopped and I had to apply for PIP, which I duly did (again I used the very helpful Guides available from Benefits and Work). (I was then 65 and already receiving state pension). I had an assessment in September 2019 and I received 0 points! I applied for a Mandatory Reconsideration and the decision was not changed. I the appealed the decision and I have a date for a telephone tribunal on Tuesday 24 November 2020. I have been browsing the forum for any tips and saw a post that said a rate awarded cannot be increased when the recipient has reached pensionable age. My question is this, will the fact that I am a pensioner affect the decision made at tribunal? I've now just given myself another worry! Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #253436 by Gordon
Delisha

From your post, you are appealing the Decision on your transfer from DLA to PIP, the transfer suspends the age limit for receiving the Mobility component and as the Tribunal is remaking this Decision, this suspension of the limit applies to their Decision as well.

So, you can still receive a Mobility award as a result of this appeal but be aware, they will be looking at your limitations as they were at the time of the transfer Decision not as you are now.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 4 months ago #253474 by Delisha
Thank you Gordon and all the very best in your new venture. Thanks for all your help!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.