× Members

Still waiting on PIP appeal

More
3 years 5 months ago #253425 by Frank
Still waiting on PIP appeal was created by Frank
Hi
I've been waiting 104 weeks since my PIP appeal was logged.
My wife has been calling them about it, and every time we get a different answer, but basically that we should hear about it soon.
Apparently it's taking so long because we sent them a voice recording of the pip assessment, because we feel that she lied about what was said in the assessment.

We asked if they have received my medical records from the doctors as I haven't received a copy of it, but once again received no answer, just that someone will look into it.
I sent a letter to them several times saying that my wife can speak to them on my behalf, but they always say that it's not in the system.

I am very nervous about this all and I feel it's taking way too long.
They have made mistakes within the last 104 weeks, like sending me personal info of other people and saying it was added to my file. (We contacted them and hopefully rectified it)

Is there anyone who we can get to help us with it, as my wife has anxiety too and finds it difficult to talk to people, or is it too late for that now?
Or just someone to help us with what to do next, as we feel that it's not moving forward.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #253438 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Still waiting on PIP appeal
Frank

Whilst it is taking some appeals two years to be heard, this is extremely rare.

I have to say that I cannot see any reason why your appeal would be delayed because you have submitted a voice recording of the assessment, this will not have been looked at by the Tribunal Service it is simply a piece of evidence that the panel can consider and decide is not relevant on the day of the hearing.

You say that you are chasing whether the Tribunal Service has received your medical records, have they requested them or are you submitting them yourself. If you are expecting the TS to source them then I have to tell you that they will not.

Have you made a submission for your appeal or are you relying on the information in your original claim form and anything you submitted for the MR?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank

More
3 years 5 months ago #253445 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Still waiting on PIP appeal
They say that they are waiting on the recording being transcribed, though I don't know why that takes 2 years.

The tribunal service requested my medical records from the GP, which they said they were forwarding to them.

I have submitted evidence for the tribunal, and written letters saying why the assessment was wrong.

We were told in June or July that the case was with the judge and that we would hear by the end of the month, then we called again in the 2nd week of the next month and said we hadn't heard anything, and they said we were told wrong and they were waiting on the transcription of the disk.

It's just the stress of all the waiting and wondering, for 2 long years I have been feeling sick from worry.

More
3 years 5 months ago #253447 by Gordon
Frank

Is this an Oral hearing which you will attend or a Paper one which will be heard without you?

I have to say that it extremely unusual for the TS to transcribe a recording it is usually expected that the claimant will do this!

You should have received a form to complete for the medical records, have you checked with your GP surgery whether they have processed the request?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 5 months ago #253458 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Still waiting on PIP appeal
It's an oral hearing that I asked for, but they said it could be a paper one because of covid.

I was never asked to transcribe the recording, just from the judge to send an extra copy of it to them.

As far as I'm aware the GP have sent my medical records in September 2019, it's just that we didn't receive a copy of it by mail, like I did for other evidence I sent.

More
3 years 5 months ago #253464 by Gordon
Frank

Thanks for the additional information.

You do need to chase the DWP about the medical notes, you are entitled to a copy so that you can comment on them. Any new hearing will be adjourned again if you do not have the notes.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.