× Members

Completely confused by PIP renewal process

More
3 years 5 months ago #253430 by janeyj
Hi, I don't know what I shoiuld be doing about my PIP renewal, the DWP seems to have completely changed how they do things.
I first applied for PIP in 2016 and was granted a 3 year award. In 2018, I was sent a renewal form by post, the AR1, and was granted PIP till December 2020.
A month or so ago, I was sent a letter telling me my PIP was ending and asking me to call a number, which turned out to be the number for NEW PIP applications. The guy I spoke to was like a robot, reading pages at a time of information in a falt, mechanical voice, then asking me did I agree. Part of how my disability affects me is difficulty on the phone, especially processing large amounts of spoken information. The thing that really bothered me was that they seemed to be treating it as a new PIP application, not a renewal, despite me telling him several times it was a renewal not a new application. He just got impatient and said "Now I need to go back to the beginning again" and read stuff out in a dead flat voice and would not answer my questions aboiut why the changed process. I ended up in tears and unable to continue.
Today I received a packet in the post with a 28 page PIP1007 form to fill in, apparently an application to get the "How your disability affects you" form. The gov.uk site still says the DWP sends out the AR forms for renewals.
So I am completely confused about what I should be doing and why I'm not just being sent the AR1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #253441 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Completely confused by PIP renewal process
Jane

The DWP treat what they call a renewal differently from a reassessment.

The form you have received is a PIP2 this is the same form as you received when you originally made your claim for PIP.

You need to complete the form as is it is a new claim based on your conditions and limitations as they are now, include evidence as you can even if it was submitted with your previous form or with the appeal.

There have been some changes to the PIP criteria since you were last assessed so please make use of the latest version of our PIP Claim guide

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have any specific questions then please come back to the forum and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: janeyj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.