× Members

PIP address for Special Delivery?

More
3 years 4 months ago #253437 by Finni
PIP address for Special Delivery? was created by Finni
I want to return my PIP form using Royal Mail's Special Delivery rather than using the Freepost service.

Do I use the address (below) without the Freepost line or will doing that mean my envelope gets diverted in the DWP's mail handling system because it has to be signed for?

Freepost XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
Personal Indenpence Payment 2
Mail Handling Site A
Wolverhampton
WV98 1AB

Sorry to sound like a worrier but I want my application to go as smoothly as possible!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #253446 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP address for Special Delivery?
Finni

All mail for the DWP goes through the Wolverhampton site, the Freepost address and rest should mean that is handled correctly even if sent using Special Delivery.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 4 months ago #253448 by furrypusscat
Replied by furrypusscat on topic PIP address for Special Delivery?
Just a point of interest, when i returned my PIP form using special delivery, the postmistress deducted the amount allowed for 'free delivery' off of the special delivery price thereby the cost to me was reduced. I had used the free delivery label but asked for it to be sent special delivery and she came up the suggestion and said that was all above board having checked on her guidelines.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
3 years 4 months ago #253485 by denby
Replied by denby on topic PIP address for Special Delivery?
Nice one Furry! For many people the odd £1 or so really matters so this is worth knowing. Never mind the sense of principle that claimants should be able to trust the ordinary system but can't, and pay extra, because it has failed so often. Denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.