× Members

Shorter PIP form

More
3 years 5 months ago #253503 by gaz111
Shorter PIP form was created by gaz111
Hello, I’ve been sent my PIP renewal form ( 11 months before award ends ) and it’s the shorter form. Do you have any guides to fill this out? It doesn’t seem to ask much apart from if your condition has changed or not? Should I add lots of information even if nothing has changed or keep it brief?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #253513 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Shorter PIP form
Hi Gaz111

If you look at the PIP guide to claims and reviews, there is advice on how to fill out the review form. Starts at page 101

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 5 months ago #253521 by gaz111
Replied by gaz111 on topic Shorter PIP form
Thanks Bis,

I don’t know whether to keep it short or to add as much detail as I would in the standard PIP form? Nothing has changed with my condition.

What do you think is best?

More
3 years 5 months ago #253523 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Shorter PIP form
Hi gaz111

I would add as much detail as you can, you can use extra sheets of paper, It is perfectly OK for you to type your answers and attach them as extra pages to the form, just make sure that each page has your full name and NI Number at the top and that they are numbered, we recommend "page X of Y" so that it is easy to see if pages are missing. Make sure you clearly mark on the form where your answers are and on the relevant page that you are answering question X.

Attach the pages to the back of the form using a staple or make a hole in the top left corner and use a treasury tag, string or ribbon to the form. The pages need to be easily detached so that they can be scanned by the DWP.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 5 months ago #253527 by gaz111
Replied by gaz111 on topic Shorter PIP form
Thank you Gary.

It says not to send a GP letter in but I will because my GP is currently the only person I can get supporting evidence from. I left my old mental health team and my GP has referred me to a new one. My old mental health team used to do my supporting letters.

Also, if my current award ends in September and I’m denied PIP from this new assessment, will the award end or will it continue until September and then end? Hoping that’s not the case but just checking.

Thanks

More
3 years 5 months ago #253528 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Shorter PIP form
gaz

I'm afraid any new Decision will apply from the day that it is made and supersede your current award.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.