× Members

Assessment Report : shell-shocked!

More
3 years 5 months ago #253510 by nansen
Assessment Report : shell-shocked! was created by nansen
Hello All,

I had a PIP Review telephone assessment carried out early in November.

I requested that a copy of the assessment report be sent to me and I have just received this.

In my previous PIP claim, I scored 11 points for Daily Living and 10 points for Mobility.

I have now been scored at 0 points for both activities.

I disagree very strongly with the assessment report.

My question is this: should I write to the DWP now stating my reasons for objecting to the assessment report or, should I wait for a decision from the DWP?

Obviously, I am a bit shell-shocked by what I have just read!

Many thanks for an excellent service and all best wishes to Gordon.

Best regards,

Nansen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #253511 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Assessment Report : shell-shocked!
Hi Nansen

I'm sorry this has happened to you. You have a very small window to write to the decision-maker before the decision comes out. Focus on the areas where you didn't score points and you think you should have. Clearly the assessor thought you conditions had improved, so you need to show from what you have said previously and any evidence they have that you have not. Don't get bogged down on any areas that won't score you points,. Send this letter asap. If the decision comes out very quickly then you will have to start the Mandatory Reconsideration process.

Have a look at the guide "Best possible ways to challenge a PIP medical report" which will give you hints on how to challenge. (Scroll down the page to find it)

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: nansen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.