× Members

PIP award review

More
3 years 4 months ago #253555 by Mush
PIP award review was created by Mush
Please can anyone tell me it there is any guidance on filling out the review form? Can just go through the form and state there are no changes from last time? Also last time I had the mobility component part stopped only scoring two points. The reason being is because I stated that on a couple of occasions I had managed to go to my GP on my own. Even though at that time I was going to the Drs every fortnight and couldn't get there on my own, and most of the time can't leave the house none of that was taken into account they just focused on the time I did go on my own. I got 0 on moving around, and I can walk around BUT am on strong pain medication and in pain all the time and it hurts to do so. I should have appealed but just didn't have the energy to do so. It's just a joke. Any advice would be welcome.
Thank you for this great site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #253557 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP award review
Hi Mush

Our PIP Claim guide covers completing the AR1 Review form (1043 Review), remember, whatever the form says you are being assessed against the same criteria as before.

If you follow the link below it will tell you what you need to know about completing the PIP review.
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claim...ip-award-review-form

It is perfectly OK for you to type your answers and attach them as extra pages to the AR1, just make sure that each page has your full name and NI Number at the top and that they are numbered, we recommend "page X of Y" so that it is easy to see if pages are missing. Make sure you clearly mark on the form where your answers are and on the relevant page that you are answering question X.

Attach the pages to the back of the form using a staple or make a hole in the top left corner and use a treasury tag, string or ribbon to the form. The pages need to be easily detached so that they can be scanned by the DWP.

If you have any further questions then please come back to the forum.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 4 months ago #253560 by Mush
Replied by Mush on topic PIP award review
Thank you so much for your reply Gary.

And how about challenging the Motability part.. Could I state :
PLEASE NOTE, When you are assessing yourself, the law says that you only count as being able to do something if you can do it safely; to an acceptable standard; repeatedly and in a reasonable time period. Guidance also says that 'pain, fatigue, breathlessness, nausea and motivation' should all be taken into account.

Or do you think this would go against me. If I followed the statement above I would score myself at least an 8. I don't know how to get round it they just focused on one thing and that was on 2 occasions I had managed to get to the Drs by myself.
Thank you so much for your help

More
3 years 4 months ago #253563 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP award review
Hi Mush

I would not advise you to quote what the guidance says - it is only likely to get someone's back up. Because of what has happened before you are going to have to put in a separate page for explaining (again) the issues you have with mobility, using the words from the statement that are applicable to you. You tell them what happens to you on the majority of the days - the pain - what affect the pain has when you try and walk, how much more slowly, the breathlessness it causes you, the fatigue, how quickly you might have to sit down, and when you sit down what happens, how soon would you be able to recover and would there be an increase in your pain etc etc. If you're not motivated to walk because of the pain you are in - say so. Tell them how long this has been going on and when if applicable it got worse. If it is pain that is affecting you - the fact that you got to the doctor's doesn't mean that you are not in extreme pain. Also put in a reminder of the medication you take for pain. If you have anyone who witnesses your pain - get them to write a statement, if you can get any confirmation from a GP or other medical professional get it.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mush

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.