× Members

Update on my pip review hopefully help others

More
3 years 4 months ago #254076 by Actonjon
I had my pip finished in October 2020 in April I had a letter saying that been extended till April 2021
Then another letter saying extended again till July 2021
But in between I had a review form sent to me
I sent it back 8 September
Txt today saying that have all information from
The HP and I hear the results in8 weeks from today
I asked for my HP report to be sent to me
I had extra information sent on to them after I sent the form
Mid October, it was a very important letter from MH consultant
I put my national insurance number on it
DOB etc
When it went to Dwp it was not scanned prober hence
When I asked this morning was this included he said no
He did a deeper search and found it
He apologised and said it should had been scanned and with my review form
He said that its now on for DM to see
So please if u send extra information and ur detail on every page always phone as well to make sure it’s all together
I asked that HP had seen it before they sent its report he said NO
But the decision maker will now see it
Hopefully ii get a good result
So always follow up with a call when u send extra information
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, RobynC, Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #254084 by BIS
HI Actonjon

I'm sure your experience and advice will be useful for others. Forms and evidence are quite often not scanned together. I know a number of people that has happened to.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 4 months ago #254089 by Actonjon
Replied by Actonjon on topic Update on my pip review hopefully help others
Thanks Bis
Yes
My consultant letter was a month behind form
received and scanned
Just a quick question
This is the first time is a paper review
Normally is this a favourable outcome
All ways had a face to face for pip
ESA was always paper award

More
3 years 4 months ago #254091 by Gary
Hi Actonjon

A Paper Based Review can be done instead of a telephone assessment. At present the majority of reviews are telephone based.

There are two sets of requirements for a PBR:

First, there needs to be sufficient evidence of how you meet the PIP Descriptors for an assessment report to be produced without you being contacted, things that will make it more difficult for you to receive a PBR are a variable condition or if you are unable to show a clear link between you limitations and the Descriptors.

You may be able to remedy this with additional evidence and/or testimony but there is no guarantee that this will be sufficient, ultimately the decision will lie with the assessor.

Secondly, you may be able to require a PBR if you can show that a telephone assessment will result in your suffering Overwhelming Psychological Distress but you will need medical evidence to support this.

The law requires claimants to receive seven days written notice of an assessment although this includes postage time but be aware feedback on the forum suggests that this is not always being honoured for telephone assessments.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 4 months ago #254094 by Actonjon
Replied by Actonjon on topic Update on my pip review hopefully help others
Thanks Gary
Yes MH late letter
Stressing this this would cause major problems
I am asking on behalf of my brother
Who has terrible MH problems
Tried to take his own life
Terrible time but we all helping him
Thanks again

More
3 years 4 months ago #254097 by Gary
Hi Actonjon

Does your brother have a CPN or psychiatrist? They both do excellant supporting documents, I have never had a bad support letter from a CPN, they will work with you and give detailed supporting documents. I have recently had some excellant results due to support from CPN's.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.