× Members

PIP extension letter then a PIP review form

• robin.ord14@btinternet.com
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #254078 by robin.ord14@btinternet.com
PIP extension letter then a PIP review form was created by robin.ord14@btinternet.com
Hi
Does anyone have any experience of this :
Received PIP extension review letter (form 7210) October 2020 extending award from Feb 2021 to Oct 2021
Received PIP review application (form 1043) today 2nd Dec 2020, advising I have until 23rd December to return it.
Rang PIP dept they advised the although the award has been extended to Oct 2021, they have started reviewing awards sooner than expected and so I need to get this review form completed ASAP and sent in before 23rd Dec and they will start the review process immediately.
He did suggest that I could put it to one side and wait unto July 2021 to complete it, due to the award having been extended to Oct 2021, however I pointed out that there is a deadline on the form of return by 23rd December 2020, and he then advised that I get it done ASAP.

So, if an award is made for a fixed term, when does this fixed term start, immediately on making the decision or following the expiry of the initial existing award Feb 2021 or following the expiry of the existing award extension Oct 2021 and what happens if the decision is different to the existing award, when date does it change from.

Am I an isolated case or is this something that is happening generally and I don’t understand the comment that I could put it to one side and leave it until July 2021 because the initial award is extended until Oct 2021, or whether this would then require a new application as opposed to the review application and if they are treated differently to each other, or if using the review application in July 2021 it will still show the return date on it as being no later than 23rd Dec 2020.
Thanks
Robin
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #254082 by BIS
Hi Robin

You are not alone. A lot of people have received extension letters to their awards (because of the DWP backlog and them no wanting to leave lots of people without money) - however, a lot of people have also then received review letters. The DWP still advises that review letters are issued about 12 months before the end date even though more recently it has been 6 - 8 months. Yours is 10months.

Ignore what the person told you on the phone - you need to return it by the 23rd December. You could ask for an extension in plenty of time and you will be given one if you need it. (Normally two extra weeks).

In terms of your award, any new decision over-rides a current award and the date of that award starts from the decision letter.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: robin.ord14@btinternet.com, Kate Chate, VIA

More
3 years 4 months ago #254139 by VIA
Hello Robin,
I am on the same boat as you.
What happened to you happened to me.
In September my pip was extended till October 2021 and yesterday 02/12 (that is why I rejoined here) I was shocked to receive the review form to send back by 23/12/2020.
I intend to return it by 23/12 and if needed, as I always put as much info as possible in extra pages with my name and NINO on top, all attached at the back, and this combined with my disability is extremely tiring and painful, I may ask for an extension. I have always received esa and pip but I believe going into details in my condition together with listing and enclosing all the medical evidences, following benefitsandwork guides have really helped me.
I wish you the best of luck with your application.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
3 years 4 months ago #254140 by Gary
HI VP

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Thank you for your post, it does help fellow members who are in the same situation, let us know how you get on.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: gwmseven, VIA

More
3 years 4 months ago #254143 by VIA
Hello Gary,

I am grateful for you pointing it out. I have changed my name and phew it looks like my forum display name has replaced my name.

Thank you very much.

Olympia
The following user(s) said Thank You: gwmseven

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.