× Members

ESA new condition

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #255259 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA new condition
Hi KR

To claim NS ESA you have to have paid NI for the relevant period, so the answer to your question is no.

I'm afraid you cannot purchase the NI Contributions or Credits that you require, you can only purchase Class 3 or 4 NI Credits and you need Class 1 or Class 2 Contributions and/or Credits which can only be acquired through paid employment or registered self-employment.

When you were moved from the Support Group to WRAG, did you ask for a copy of the assessors report, did you appeal this decision, if you did not was the decision over 13 months ago?

You may want to seek advice from a local Welfare Rights worker who can take all you circumstances into consideration andgive you accurate advice.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Gary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #255283 by KRMCF
Replied by KRMCF on topic ESA new condition
Hi Gary
When I moved from support group to WRAG at first I did not receive any points.I then went to a tribunal and was successful, but I was placed in the WRAG group., which ment I received payment for 365 days. Then my payment stopped because my husband is working full time.
I thought because my condition had worsened. Arthritis of hip, I would be able to try and get into the support group. My last payment was paid on October 2017. However I do receive PIP at standard rate.
Any help would be appreciated although it seems that I will not have enough NI contributions to reapply for New Style ESA.
Any advice would be appreciated

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #255321 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA new condition
Hi KR

Unfortunately ESA does not work like that, when your condition gets worse and you are in receipt of ESA then it would be a change of Circs, unfortunately you were in receipt of CB ESA and placed in WRAG and as you rightly pointed out your claim stopped after 1 year, as you husband was working then his income would have been taken into account to see if you qualified for IR ESA.

IR ESA no longer exists for new claimants, you now have to apply for UC but this is a means tested benefit and your husbands income will be taken into consideration.

You can check by putting your information into one of the online benefit calculators.

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

www.gov.uk/apply-universal-credit

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Gary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KRMCF

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.