× Members

Fresh PIP Application Before Current PIP Expiry

More
3 years 4 months ago #254102 by donald
Hi
Today my wife had a phone reassessment, the Capita Assessor said after 45 minutes that he will have to stop because he thinks my wife cannot answer correctly because of memory problems and confusion and that I as her husband will need to be an appointee and make another appointment but her pip award ends beginning of Jan 2021, is this a bad situation or normal. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #254105 by BIS
Hi Donald

I have moved your post, because we ask people not to ask a question within someone else's post as it can get confusing.

I would advise you to get onto the DWP as soon as possible and see if they will extend your wife's current award. Plenty of people have been given extensions so it is worth asking. If the first person says no, ask for a call back from a manager to explain the situation. You are entitled to the phone call - so insist on one. Otherwise, as it stands her award will end, as will the money and you would then be forced into making a new claim. You could also ask them if they could do a paper-based assessment, rather than put your wife and yourself through additional stress.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.