× Members

pip review letter

More
3 years 4 months ago #254131 by libran1962
pip review letter was created by libran1962
dear moderators
please may i ask some advice about pip renewal? my 5 yr award is due to end april 2021 and very recently i had a letter to say i had an extension.
however yesterday i received a pip review letter to be back by dec 23rd.reading on here i see this is happening to others despite the extension letter.
please may i ask do i just fill in the form by answering the questions briefly/or on separate sheets in detail/or should i put all the info i had in my original claim(a lot of info and evidence as i wanted to avoid a similar situation as the two traumatic esa tribunals in the past)?
to complicate things further my condition has worsened due to injuries in a car accident 3 yrs ago.i already have high care with low mobility.
im scared in case if i say im worse they will treat it as a new case
any advice is much appreciated.i was almost sick with nerves when the form came
ps kindest regards to gordon on his retirement, he has always been so helpful
kindest regards
suzanne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #254135 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic pip review letter
Hi libran1962

The reason for a review is that claimants condition may deteriorate over time and some claimants may improve. If your condition has worsen then you need to fully explain your condition and how it now affects you.

I would complete a review form as if I was completing a new application form. It is very tempting just to tick a box stating no change but the assessor/decision maker do not know you so you want to explain how you condition affects you, remember you have to meet the criteria.

Our PIP Claim guide covers completing the AR1 Review form (1043 Review), remember, whatever the form says you are being assessed against the same criteria as before.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

It is perfectly OK for you to type your answers and attach them as extra pages to the AR1, just make sure that each page has your full name and NIN at the top and that they are numbered, we recommend "page X of Y" so that it is easy to see if pages are missing. Make sure you clearly mark on the form where your answers are and on the relevant page that you are answering question X.

Attach the pages to the back of the form using a staple or make a hole in the top left corner and use a treasury tag, string or ribbon to the form. The pages need to be easily detached so that they can be scanned by the DWP.

If you have any further questions please come back to the forum.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 4 months ago #254136 by libran1962
Replied by libran1962 on topic pip review letter
dear gary
honestly thank you so much for your reply and advice
it sounds like the easy route is not the best route so i will base my review on the original application evidence and details plus add in the things that have worsened
kindest regards
suzanne

More
3 years 4 months ago #254138 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic pip review letter
Hi libran1962

Don't forget to send in supporting documents, even old ones if they are still relevant, you will need to explain why they are relevant, also don't forget to send in copy of any repeat prescription lists.

Keep a copy of your form and any documents you send, I would send them by recorded delivery for peace of mind. If you need extra time contact DWP especially with christmas coming up.

Let us know how you get on.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: libran1962

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.