× Members

Pip update

More
3 years 3 months ago #254586 by Karen24
Pip update was created by Karen24
Hello to you all.
I just wanted to give an update on my claim. I Applied for pip back in February last year , no face to face due to COVID , I thought my telephone assessment went well , but it didn’t, I only scored 2 points. After asking for a mandatory reconsideration I was awarded 4 points but my original 2 points were taken away. So with nothing to loose , i opted for a tribunal, which took place on the 22nd of December via a phone call with the judge , a doctor and a disability rights person. I was extremely nervous and couldn’t explain myself properly, I came away after nearly an hour on the phone feeling like a failure and convinced I had lost any hope of being awarded anything.
To my astonishment I received a phone call after Christmas saying I had been awarded standard rate for care and mobility scoring 8 points on each. I’m over the moon with this result. So to anyone in my position please don’t give up , I had one letter with a diagnosis on and no other paperwork or input , but I knew what the HP and decision maker had written was not correct and this is what made me stick with it.
Thank you to everyone on this amazing site .
Karen
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #254590 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip update
Hi Karen

Thank you for your update. Many congratulations on your Tribunal win and getting your PIP award. Great to hear.

BIS

Tags: @PIP @SUCCESS @TRIBUNAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karen24

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.