× Members

Letter saying award has been extended

More
3 years 3 months ago #254917 by Badback51
Letter saying award has been extended was created by Badback51
Hi All

I just needed some advice i Currently receive pip enhanced rate for both it was my 1st ever claim for pip and thanks to the amazing site it went through no issues and I know it not the same for everyone so I was very grateful.

What my question is my award was for 3 years from November 2019 to 27th October 2022 to review on or after 27th October 2021 but today I received a letter saying we have extended your pip award until 27th July 2023 we will contact you again before the new end date of your award to review your award.
I'm just confused there was no form to complete and the letter say we suspended review because of covid but they have now begun reviewing pip awards.
Is it because there will be a backlog or is this normal it might sound like a silly question so forgive me in advance im just still not sure on the whole pip system and how it works.

Thanks
Badback51 x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #254960 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Letter saying award has been extended
Hi Badback51

There is no form to fill in at this time because they have extended your award and they will send you one for a review at a later date.

Lots of people are getting extensions and these can vary from six months to two years. I think one person has had a three year one that I know of.

it is due to the considerable backlog they have. When exactly you will be sent as form, I cannot tell you, because some people have received a letter and then shortly afterwards received a review form. But as it stands I would expect you to receive an award any time from July 2022. But I put that with the warning that there are no guarantees. The DWP can choose to send them out at any time even when they have sent such a letter.

Try just to forget about it for now.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 3 months ago #254972 by Badback51
Replied by Badback51 on topic Letter saying award has been extended
Hi Bis
Thank you for your reply I just wasn't sure about it.thats good news i can just forget about it for now.unless im sent a form before then.

Thank you again
Badback51

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.