× Members

won pip tribunal for my brother

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #255005 by libran1962
won pip tribunal for my brother was created by libran1962
hi
gordon was so helpful a few months ago when i asked for some direction about my brothers tribunal for pip. he was on dla for life after a traumatic brain injury at 16, early onset alzheimers at age 45(hes 52 now)plus several brain infarcts.
he had 0 points and no payments since sept 2019 (shortly after he lost his 42 yr old wife to breast cancer)but my husband and i gathered evidence and helped with case.t oday we got the letter to say a paper tribunal had taken place(90 pages) and they ruled in his favour, standard care and mobility given.he is £30 a month better off plus about £5800 back pay .i realise that dwp have 28 days but this is such a relief.
iv finally posted my own pip review after taking weeks to sort it so fingers crossed. iv used this site plus kind advice from the forum admin
thank you so much for your help
and thank you from my brother
i hope this gives people hope
kind wishes
suzanne
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Steve D. Reason: Broken link appearing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #255022 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic won pip tribunal for my brother
Hi libran1962

That really is terrific news, congratulations and well done. Pleased that you found Gordon helpful.

You can concentrate on your own, don't forget to ask for a copy of the assessors report (PA4) even if you are successful.

Gary

Tags: @MR @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: libran1962

More
3 years 3 months ago #255036 by libran1962
Replied by libran1962 on topic won pip tribunal for my brother
dear gary
thank you so very much
so reassuring to have this site.
on looking through the tribunal form i note that its only been awarded until april next year(dla for life and progressive incurable alzheimers) but so thankful to have been successful
reading previous posts does winning at tribunal mean the money stops being paid on that end date and also that dwp dont issue any reminder/review form?
please is there any advice on when/how to proceed next year?i can diary to help him again
thank you again
kindest regards
suzanne

More
3 years 3 months ago #255045 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic won pip tribunal for my brother
Hi libran1962

We are receiving mixed messages on the forum, I would advise you to contact DWP 6 months prior to his renewal and ask if they will be send your brother a renewal form.

Your brother may be sent an extension letter, in which case that will be the date to go by, it is a bit hit and miss.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 3 months ago #255093 by burness
Replied by burness on topic won pip tribunal for my brother
Crazy that it's only awarded until next year given his condition but well done, congratulations and good luck with your own review!

More
3 years 2 months ago #255144 by libran1962
Replied by libran1962 on topic won pip tribunal for my brother
dear gary
thank you again for your kind advice
much appreciated
kind wishes
suzanne

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.