× Members

PIP award increased

More
3 years 2 months ago #255073 by Car147
PIP award increased was created by Car147
HI

I just want to say thanks for the help and advice from this site, and all those involved assisting us with our claims.

I had another review of my PIP claim ( I had been standard rate for both Daily living and Mobility) just before Christmas, and received my award this morning.

Happy to say the mobility rate has been increased to the enhanced rate, and daily living remains at the standard rate, which is a fair and accurate assessment. I had always felt i should have been in the enhanced rate for mobility for years, but was far too concerned about getting nothing if i complained.

All in all. it's taken four weeks from sending in my completed forms , to todays announcement, without the requirement for a telephone interview. Considering were in the middle of a pandemic, i was expecting a far longer wait.

Thanks all, and don't give up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #255084 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP award increased
Hi Car147

Congratulations on your increased PIP award. Great to hear. Good that it was such a quick turnaround. Wish all of them were this quick.

BIS

Tags: @SUCCESS @PIP @REVIEW

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Car147

More
3 years 2 months ago #255091 by burness
Replied by burness on topic PIP award increased
Congratulations!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Car147

More
3 years 2 months ago #255099 by denby
Replied by denby on topic PIP award increased
Thanks for the encouragement, well done. I gather you had a paper based assessment; I am interested, had you asked for this or did they do it although you would willingly have taken part in a phone one? Many claimants with anxiety are desperate to achieve paper based assessment, whatever the possible downsides.
Best, Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Car147, VIA

More
3 years 2 months ago #255105 by Car147
Replied by Car147 on topic PIP award increased
I just filled in the forms with the info they asked for , i hadn't made any request for it to be a paper based assessment, i guess the information i supplied, backed up with medical reports etc was enough to make the decision.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

More
3 years 2 months ago #255106 by Car147
Replied by Car147 on topic PIP award increased
I forgot to mention my previous award had been for 5 yrs, this renewal is for 10yrs. Which puts one worry aside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.