× Members

Disability premiums question

More
3 years 2 months ago #256232 by Kimbychick
Disability premiums question was created by Kimbychick
Firstly, I am happy to announce that I received my brown envelope and I have been awarded enhanced daily living and enhanced mobility until 2024. Previously on standard for both. This was done as a paper based review and decision made in 5 weeks. As always, I am grateful for all the info and guides here I couldn't have done it without it.

My question is will my disability premiums change? I am on income support and this is topped up by disability premium and also severe disability premium. As I am the only adult at home.

I have heard of enhanced disability premium for claimants receiving enhanced daily living. Could you tell me will I now receive this instead of any of my other 2 premiums as I don't imagine I can get all 3 at once.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #256244 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Disability premiums question
Hi Kim,
Well done on your award. Brilliant news! The enhanced disability premium can be awarded together with Disability premium and severe disability premium now you have got enhanced daily living for PIP . This should be added to your income support. Phone up IS DWP and tell them, they might know already, but maybe not. Explain your new award, you should get the EDP backdated to the decision date.
Once again, well done!

LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 2 months ago #256284 by Kimbychick
Replied by Kimbychick on topic Disability premiums question
Thank you so much I appreciate it. I never imagined I would get all 3 premiums.

I was awarded the 4 points for mixing with other people which took me from standard to enhanced. My circumstances have been the same though since 2017 when I was awarded 2 points for this. I am still considering whether I should write to them to challenge this or wait to see if they write to me. The idea of writing to them an possibly having another review just makes me so anxious.

Anyway thank you once again I couldn't have done it without you guys here x

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.