× Members

Successful paper based pip renewal

More
3 years 1 month ago #256278 by Kerrygold50
Successful paper based pip renewal was created by Kerrygold50
I just wanted to update to help other people and also thank benefits and work team for all their help.

I received a letter extending my pip to Nov 2022 in late September but like many other people I received the pip renewal form end of Dec. I asked for an extension of 2 weeks as it took 10 days to get to me which they gave.
On all questions except 1 I said no change because there was a big change and I put in proof from outpatients letters I received but I followed the advice from benefits and work and wrote brief explanations on each one with even no change.

I asked my doctor for a letter confirming my diagnosis and medical history and offered to pay they didn’t want payment but did the letter which was a relief and I am grateful for this as I read on the forum all the problems people have getting letters.

I posted the form 1st class signed for on the 28th January and today I received my decision letter, they have extended my high rate care, low mobility for another 3 years and it states that they did not need to do an assessment based on medical evidence. They kept all the points the same for all the descriptors. I was shocked how quick it was 17 days from postage to response, this is London if that helps anyone.

My advice is keep all those letters and outpatients reports because they do help and if you can offer to pay for the doctors letter as it might help you. This is based on mental health which is my biggest problem and one health condition.

Can I please ask what is the form I have to ask for report name so I can see how they made their decision.

Good luck to everyone going through this place your trust in benefits and work because they really do care about us.

Thank you
Michael
The following user(s) said Thank You: eyesnlegs, Lynn798, denby, Raph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #256297 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Successful paper based pip renewal
Hi Michael

That really is terrific news, congratulations and well done. The report you want to ask for is called the Assessors Report (PA4) (PA3) which shows how the assessor made their decision. It is always good to have for when you are next reviewed.

Thank you for telling your story as it does help forum members who are going through stress and anxiety whilst completing their forms.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Gary.

More
3 years 1 month ago #256300 by AliBee
Replied by AliBee on topic Successful paper based pip renewal
Will there be a PA4 if the decision was a review by the DWP and paper based? I thought the PA4 was an assessor’s report produced by Capita or ATOS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kerrygold50, Gary

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #256310 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Successful paper based pip renewal
Hi Sarah

Well spotted, I should have said PA3 – Review report form (paper-based review)

I have corrected the post.

A PA4 – is a consultation report form, there are in fact seven different PA codes relating to 3 forms and 4 notes used by the DWP.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Gary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kerrygold50, AliBee

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.