× Members

PIP Awarded By Tribunalhelming

More
3 years 1 month ago #256746 by adamwest101
PIP Awarded By Tribunalhelming was created by adamwest101
Hi
I have just been told I am not entitled to any back payment for overwhelming distress. After the new law was passed in 2016, as my award was through a tribunal.?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #256774 by adamwest101
Replied by adamwest101 on topic PIP Awarded By Tribunal / Overwhelming Stress
Hi
My first award was through the DWP, but I have been told that it is not valid for a refund as it was awarded before the change in law.
I have been doing my homework, and it clearly states all applications prior to the date of change in the law 11/2016, can only be changed from that date, and not before. Which is what I was told back in 2017.
When the DWP said it was going to look into 1.6 million cases, not once does it mention anything about cases being settled at tribunal. Only now on new changes in the law do they say {They will not look at cases settled by tribunal].

More
3 years 1 month ago #256775 by adamwest101
Replied by adamwest101 on topic PIP Awarded By Tribunalhelming
Why do the DWP say ah it was awarded by Tribunal. What's the difference?

More
3 years 1 month ago #256794 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Awarded By Tribunalhelming
Hi Adam

I think it is their way of saying ' you only got it because of the tribunal and we don't agree with it!"

I agree with you, that the DWP didn't say anything at the time that you weren't entitled to it if you were awarded PIP by a tribunal.

BIS

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.