× Members

Disability premiums

More
3 years 1 month ago #256783 by Honeybernie
Disability premiums was created by Honeybernie
Hi mods
I've been receiving ESA support group for the last 3 years or so. I think I get the enhanced premium with this. I've just been awarded PIP daily living standard rate. My question is, am I now entitled to the severe premium? If so would this be added to my PIP payment or my ESA payment and if so would it be automatically added or do I have to ask for it to be added.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #256807 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Disability premiums
Hi HoneyBernie

I cannot give you an answer to your question as I do not have enough background information.

You are correct with your first part of your post.

SDP became payable from the first day that all three of the following applied.

1. You had an award of ESA and we’re receiving or were entitled to receive Income Related ESA.

2. You had an award of PIP Daily Living

3. You met the criteria for payment of the SD Premium, namely that you lived alone or were considered to be living alone and no one receives Carers Allowance against your PIP award.

If you were successful with SDP claim then it would be paid with your IR ESA claim.

If you have any further questions, then please come back to the forum.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Gary.

More
3 years 1 month ago #256819 by Honeybernie
Replied by Honeybernie on topic Disability premiums
Hi Gary

Thanks very much for your response.

I called ESA and they coukd see what level of pip I was awarded and took some information from me and said they would pass this on to the back office. He said they would see if I was entitled. Which he said he thought I would be but the back office would do some checks and decide. He advised it wouldn't take long and hopefully I should have this money by the time my next ESA payment was due and the added bonus that this should be backdated to when my claim for PIP started.

Once again thanks for your help

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.