× Members

ESA and the "Substantial Risk" rule

More
3 years 1 month ago #256787 by Waxwing
ESA and the "Substantial Risk" rule was created by Waxwing
Hello

I would like a little advice please with regards to the "Substantial Risk" rule for ESA.

The person who I am helping to apply for ESA has a disability that if he was found elegble for work related activities then there would be a big risk to his health due to his physical disability and mental health issues, more so due to his physical disability as he has bad osteoporosis and kyphoscoliosis of the spine and any work related activity could have a serious impact on his health.

I would like to know please how would he be able to proved that there would be a "Substantial Risk" to his health if he was found to be elegible for work related activities? Would it be best for his Constultant to include the term "Substantial Risk" in a letter or would it be better for his doctor to include the term "Substantial Risk" in his sick note?

We are a little confused about this because it is a something that the person I am helping to claim ESA for is able to point out on his assesment form.

Thank you for your assistance in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.