× Members

PIP / ESA RECLAIM / RENEWAL DELAYS

More
3 years 1 month ago #256799 by Di
My PIP ended 10th February 21. I returned my forms in December and they were received by DWP in plenty of time and yet I still have not heard anything. When DWP were called they said papers were with IAS (formerly ATOS) for assessment decision. They connected me to the incorrect assessors (Capita) so I had to recall and get put through to IAS who told me they were with an assessor waiting a decision on how to proceed. I am still waiting and have now lost PIP and Severe Disability Premium from ESA. My blue badge expired on the same day as my pip claim and because it was also part of my enhanced mobility section of PIP I did not feel I would be able to renew? Why is it that so many have automatically had their claims renewed / extended by 2 - 3 years due to covid and others not. Should it matter if you won at tribunal or not?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #256821 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic PIP / ESA RECLAIM / RENEWAL DELAYS
Hello Di,

What a tale of dominoes falling in a bad way.

Can I suggest your ring the DWP and then follow it up with a letter to them and IAS requesting your application is prioritised. You will need to explain the hardships it is causing you, but there is a mechanism which permits this.

If you are awarded your PIP again, even if it has to go through to appeal, your money should be back dated to when they stopped paying you, including your SDP. Little help for now I know.

Regarding your Blue Badge, I would suggest you ring your Local Council who administer this, and have a conversation with them. Explain what has happened, that your situation has not changed and you are expecting to be awarded PIP again, but in the meantime not having it is causing your problems - and tell them what they are.

And as to your last question, I have no idea. It almost seems random, I prefer to think there is a logic to it, but I certainly can't see it.

Please come back to us if you have anymore questions as you progress through the process.
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.