× Members

PIP.1043 Review Can I be penalised if...

More
3 years 1 month ago #256809 by VIA
Dear fellow forum members,

It is really uplifting to know we can turn to each other for help, advise.

I am filling in my review form PIP.1043.
This form asks if if something has changed.

For most things they put me down as needing to use aids/appliance ie dressing/undressing, managing toilet needs, washing/bathing and even preparing food when i told them and explained fully that my physically disability very deformed valgus knees, needing 1 hip replacement, OA for other hip, paralabral tears and cysts, bursitis, oa knees, torn meniscus, OA of back, OA of toes, and more so that it is too painful for me to stand or sit even on a chair to prepare food.

Will i be penalized if i say that regarding the decision to give me the descriptor of needing to use aids/appliances to prepare or cook a simple meal, I disagreed then and now with that descriptor but that i understood it was too late to ask for an MR but I needed them to know that.

And that also since that assessment 3 years ago my health has deteriorated even more, and same as last time i cannot prepare of cook food because of my physical disability.

Thank you all so much for your kind imput.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #256823 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic PIP.1043 Review Can I be penalised if...
Hello Olympia,

I am so sorry to hear about all the issues you have. However, as I am sure you have picked up from this site by now that PIP is not about what is wrong with you but the effects which those things have on you. (Wanted to say that since it is really important, we know that lots of people read these posts.)

If you disagreed with your current award because you thought you had not been awarded enough points then were under no obligation to inform them. If of course you thought you had been awarded too many points, then there is the possibility for penalized for not telling them. I suspect that is not the case though.

And yes, it is very important to record how your condition has changed and how that has impacted on your Daily Living and Mobility.

I have spotted you around the site encouraging people - thank you for that.
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

More
3 years 1 month ago #256871 by VIA
Hello Catherine and fellow members,

Thank you to you and all the moderators and fellow members for helping each other out.
Phew, I am glad I should not be penalized for not telling them there was a change of circumstances ie that my limitations were worse in line with a worsening and new diagnosis of health conditions.
This forum is helping me so much.
I notice fellow members get enhanced daily living or enhanced mobility.
So I looked at my previous PIP, and thought what did I do wrong, or what more could i have done?
I enclosed lots of medical evidences and description of limitation, but I had not enclosed letters of support then.
I had to ask a few people if they could write a letter of support to say the truth, and their observations of my mobility over the years, I did not like asking as I found it embarassing and most said no.
But I got 2 letters of support from one from a neighbour who used to take the meals i would order up to my flat to save me the stairs and one from her daughter who when she visited her also helped me, so that should help with preparing and cooking food as i told PIP and now that i could not prepare and cook food because of disabiity.
Looking back even if i have no one to help me, I realised I did not explain in details some difficulties I was experiencing getting out of the bath, and did not give enough detailed examples.
Also i spent hours on the preparing and cooking food (got 2 points) and spent maybe 10 minutes on the managing toilet needs whilst I realised if i spent more time on this section, which I did this time, and explained in details my limitation i could get 4 points maybe. We’ll see.
I am learning so much from this forum.
Yes maybe they are going to try and give us the minimum points to give out less money but if they are worried it went to MR or appeal with so much medical evidence, letter of support even if it is 2 lines from a friend, details of limitations maybe that will help.
I found that from the 400 pages or so a full medical history report from my new surgery, I found letters I had never been sent which I am using with my pip review form, printout that says that advised me of danger of medication but that I wanted it anyway because of pain, I am enclosing that, comments from observations from physiotherapist that confirm what I say and contradict the comments from the physiotherapist who assessed me, I enclose this as well, also it help me put on the form as requested on pip.1043 the exact dates i was referred to physio and discharged and why. So that is a lot more evidence that last time. And all these printouts were free.
I had standard mobility and standard daily living I giving my all to get enhanced mobility and enhanced daily living. I have to return the form in just a few days so i will keep you updated.
I think that if you send anything to DWP on a friday even if it is recorded delivery it gets there on a monday, if I am not mistaken as i think this is what happened to me a few years back. So i will send it this saturday.
Best wishes to you all

Best wishes

More
3 years 1 month ago #256875 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic PIP.1043 Review Can I be penalised if...
Hi Olympia,

Thank you for your kind words and I am pleased you find this site as great as we think it is!

I am impressed with your organisation and efforts and hope that you get the right award at the end of it all. Just in case you fail in the first round, you have laid a great foundation for the following ones!

Please do let us know when you finally hear, we will be routing for you in the meantime,
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.