× Members

Pip or UC WCA success rate

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #256812 by aberdeenangus
Pip or UC WCA success rate was created by aberdeenangus
Hi all,
General question, but just wondering does anyone know what the chances are of being successful with first claim for both pip and Uc wca(either lcw or lcwra). I've found some info for pip but none for uc wca and as I've applied for both I'm looking for something, anything, to be optimistic about while I wait. If nothing else, is one easier to get than the other? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #256826 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Pip or UC WCA success rate
Hello aberdeenangus,

I have not seen any statistics but would be interested if anyone produces them.

My personal experience is that it is easier to get the right award for UC at the first round than the right award for PIP. I have attended many more PIP appeals than UC ones.

That is just my perspective though, others may have found differently.
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #256837 by aberdeenangus
Replied by aberdeenangus on topic Pip or UC WCA success rate
Thanks Catherine. That in and of itself is interesting. Appreciated

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #256860 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Pip or UC WCA success rate
Hi AberdeenAngus, no idea on stats I'm afraid. However I do suggest that while you wait you organise and practise how to record the assessment when you get it, as you have more time now than once they dish out the appointment. Have you a suitable person [who you don't mind hearing all the nitty gritty stuff re toilet etc] who can operate the recording allowing you to concentrate on the assessor's [possibly trick] questions?
Also be mugging up all the info in the guide here on telephone assessments, and making notes, especially of anything where what you put on the form could be misunderstood by someone in the assessor's shoes, so you are ready to explain just how you are affected.
All this will keep you busy and allow you to be optimistic that you are well prepared! Best wishes, Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kerrygold50, Catherine

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #256951 by aberdeenangus
Replied by aberdeenangus on topic Pip or UC WCA success rate
Than.ks Denby,

That's makes good sense. I appreciate it
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.