× Members

PIP Supporting Evidence

More
3 years 1 month ago #256818 by Manic_Minotaur
PIP Supporting Evidence was created by Manic_Minotaur
Hi everyone, I’m new here and this is my first time ever taking on the daunting task of making a PIP claim.

Having done a pip self assessment I believe I could qualify for possibly the enhanced rate of daily living and mobility - I previously thought claiming for mobility for mental health was not possible but thanks to some of the guides I’ve read on this site it seems this isn’t the case.

I feel I’ve got some understanding on how to fill out the mass amount of forms the DWP are going to send me on how my disability effects me, such as providing real world examples of what happens when I attempt a task etc. I have also asked my CPN for a letter of support in regards to the descriptors I believe apply to me (I suffer from Depression, Anxiety, and suspected Borderline Personality Disorder - I am awaiting a referral to secondary care for an official diagnosis)

He has said previously he would be willing to write me a letter of support but I am concerned that he may not be able to comment on the descriptor ‘ cannot make a familiar journey unaided or accompanied by another person’ as this is something he has no professional experience of given that our conversations have because of COVID been limited to phone conversations (for which I do have someone present supporting me but it isn’t undertaking a journey)
Would the DWP consider letters of support from my friends who have to accompany me whilst making familiar journeys if my CPN feels unable to make that decision based upon his professional knowledge, I have two friends who are the only people I feel comfortable to make familiar journeys with and I know both would be happy to write that letter.

I’m trying my hardest to gather all this evidence as quickly as possible as I understand they don’t give you very long to hand it all in and that just adds even more anxiety to something that terrifies me but I’ve put off what I’m entitled too for so long.

Thank you all for any replies and I’m sorry for such a long post

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #256820 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic PIP Supporting Evidence
Hello Manic Minotaur and welcome to the forum.

It sounds as if you are doing all the right things!

Your CPN's letter should carry a lot of weight, but if you can suppliement it with letters of friends who have knowledge of different areas of your life that would be perfect.

You are right there is a lot to do and a limited time, but if get additional evidence, such as supporting letters you can always send them in after you have made your main submission. Just do it as soon as you can, include a covering letter saying that you wish for it to be added to your PIP2 application and make sure that each piece of paper has your name and NI number.

Wishing you success
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.