× Members

DWP Telephone Compliance Interview

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #256958 by Catherine
DWP Telephone Compliance Interview was created by Catherine

bonniedog wrote: hi just had the dreaded brown envelope through the door ,and as the thread title say it has a appointment for a compliance interview over the phone ,

anyone have one of these or know what its about ,the letter is quite vague it doesn't mention the associated benefits or my ni number
says i may need bank statements and details of any
savings
private pensions
earnings
property and immigration status

worrying me to death ,minds racing and i feel sick , cant stop shaking ,had to get my son to post this for me ,so would be grateful for any advise or explanation as to what this is about or entails

thanks to all or any who can help

I have just responded to this post. If anyone receives a similar letter please do check with the DWP before engaging with any such call.

The letter should have your NI number in the top left hand corner of the first page.

You just need to ring a DWP phone number on the top of one of your other benefits letters and ask them to confirm if it is true that they are wishing to have such a phone call with you. Do not use the phone number on the complaince letter.

Until you have that confirmation you should not reveal any details to anyone who merely says that they are from the DWP even if they know your name and address. Remember that even the DWP are not entitled to ask you for passwords and/or PIN numbers!

Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Catherine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tenja, VikingMermaid, jossmer, Teenp21

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.