× Members

Re-assessment result

More
3 years 1 month ago #257089 by Linda Oakes
Re-assessment result was created by Linda Oakes
Just to let you know there are success stories as well as denials. My son has Autism from birth. He will always need care. He is now 26 years old and I have finally got a result of an ongoing claim. As a child he received DLA with no question of his entitlement, however once he became an adult and was moved to PIP it became more difficult.
I have fought for 5 years to get to this position ( higher rate PC and mobility) he had one initial face to face assessment in our home which I had to ask for a reconsideration of, since then I have followed your advice on completing the lengthy form and am now happy with the assessment after reporting changes to his daily needs.
Thank you so much for your support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #257091 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Re-assessment result
Hi Linda,
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/contact-and-help/registering#r11 - please use this link is you wish to remove your full name.
Thank you for your great news. We sometimes think the system is completely broken, but stories like yours do help to restore some faith!

Well done!
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.