× Members

Thanks and tips

More
2 years 11 months ago #257854 by eyesnlegs
Thanks and tips was created by eyesnlegs
Hi guys,
I just wanted to say a huge thanks for all the support and help I’ve been given on this site. Like a lot of others DWP extended my payments from June 2021(end of my 3 year fixed award) to January 2022. It seemed like a reprieve and Motability extended my car lease too, I also applied for my Blue Badge to be extended at a cost of £10.

Meanwhile an Award review form arrived within days! I used all the information on here to fill it in. I didn’t just write no change but added “no change I still need.......” etc for every question. Giving new examples where appropriate. It wasn’t easy as there isn’t much space but I added an additional sheet. I also included new medical evidence.

The result is back it took them just 4 weeks, my points have gone up slightly but I’m left with the same standard care and enhanced mobility which is a great result. More importantly (and probably because I’m just 2 weeks of state pension age now), it’s an on going award and they won’t check on me until at least March 2031! I’m so very relieved. It’s such a wonderful feeling getting them off my back. This whole process is demeaning and demoralising.

Mine was done purely on the paper based evidence and stated in the letter is the fact that that’s what they are trying to do.

Keep going guys the help on here is second to none thank you so much to everyone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, VikingMermaid

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #257856 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Thanks and tips
Hi eyesnlegs,

Good news for your result, well done. I am glad that you found the guides etc helpful!
I am pleased that you achieved Enhanced rate mobility before you take your pension. This is important as it means you will be able to carry this forward. After pension age the mobility award is frozen, so having the enhanced rate now really is a bonus!
Well done again!

LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: eyesnlegs, VikingMermaid

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.