× Members

Pip 10 year award

More
3 years 1 week ago #258473 by ejay1001
Pip 10 year award was created by ejay1001
Good afternoon first of all thank you so much for your website help and support. I am still in shock as my wife has just received a 10 year award for pip on review with the highest rate of both, (paper based) I was wondering does this mean she will only have a light touch review in future? She turns 60 in 2031.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 days ago - 3 years 6 days ago #258478 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Pip 10 year award
Good afternoon ejay1001,

I am pleased you found the site useful!

A 10 year award could be a 'long term award', which can be anything from 2 - 10 years in which case there will be a review process when it comes to its end. Or it could be an 'ongoing award' in which case there will a light touch review.

Hope this helps,
Catherine

@RESULT
@PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 3 years 6 days ago by Catherine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr B, ejay1001

More
3 years 6 days ago #258479 by ejay1001
Replied by ejay1001 on topic Pip 10 year award
Thank you for your reply, how do you know the difference between the light touch or long award? It says they will contact again after April 2030. I am just hoping there are no more face to face assessments.

More
3 years 6 days ago #258480 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Pip 10 year award
Hello ejay1001,

I believe that if it is an ongoing award the award letter states just that. If it says that it is awarded for 10 years than there will another normal review then.

I suspect that this is not the answer you were hoping for. Sorry about that. Looking back at my previous answer I can see that I should have been a bit clearer. :ohmy:

Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ejay1001, ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar

More
3 years 6 days ago #258486 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Replied by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar on topic Pip 10 year award
Just a tip to note, I'm on an ongoing PIP. You can tell if you look at your award letter it will say ongoing after the dates.

It will say: I've looked at your claim and decided. From my letter award.
I can award you the enhanced rate of £** a week to help with your daily living needs from (a date) for an ongoing period.

I can award you the enhanced rate of £** a week to help with your mobility needs from (a date) for an ongoing period.

Then further down on the same page.

It will state:

Well will contact you while your getting PIP to see if needs have changed and to look at the amount you get. This will be after XYZ ie 10 year

I would have thought you would have noticed this on your paperwork, it sounds to me you've got the 10 year award which others have stated is subject to normal review.

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr B, Gary

More
3 years 6 days ago #258487 by Mr B
Replied by Mr B on topic Pip 10 year award
Hi ejay1001

"I believe that if it is an ongoing award the award letter states just that."

Congratulations or your wife's award! Catherine's remark quoted above is correct. if your wife has an ongoing award the letter will say that. In my case I was awarded PIP on an ongoing basis by a Tribunal. This was later confirmed by a letter from the DWP saying for each component of PIP:

"You are entitled to the Daily Living Component of Personal Independence Payment at the...rate of £xx.xx a week from [date] for an ongoing period."

"You are entitled to the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment at the...rate of £yy.yy a week from [date] for an ongoing period."

Can I suggest that you and your wife read the whole award letter again because if the DWP have made an ongoing award it will - as Catherine has said - say so clearly in that latter using either the above wording or something similar. If - as I hope - the award is ongoing then when the DWP contact her again after April 2030, as her letter stated, it is likely that this review will indeed be a 'light touch' review. Unfortunately we don't know at present what these light touch reviews will consist of as no one has had one yet because the PIP benefit itself is not 10 years old until 2023. I recall that when politicians were originally discussing light touch reviews their intention was that in most cases these would not involve having a face-to-face assessment but I'm afraid we'll - including me - just have to wait and see what transpires!

I hope this helps in some way.

Kind regards

Mr B
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluejay52, Gary, Angel

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.