3 years 6 days ago #258503 by Sunshine99
Another win against DWP was created by Sunshine99
Hi Guys

Can’t find other posts lol so long story short version
Requested change of circumstances as health had deteriorated
DWP kept award the same
MR done but extra info sent prior
DWP kept it the same
Submitted appeal online added transcript of my covert recording which I done as I have memory issues
DWP stated that THEY decided that I have no memory problems, unfortunately for them they used that argument in most of my descriptors for justification. In my appeal on line there was a box for me to add any information for the panel and the judge I wrote “ dear judge and panel, for me this is not about the money it’s about what right and wrong. Who do the DWP think they are to decide whether I have memory problems or not when the evidence is clear. If I do not meet the criteria to get the points then the DWP should say “ we agree you have issues with your memory however you don’t meet our criteria and they need to have a criteria “ I was not having them tell me I had nothing wrong with me. Anyway this morning I got a text from appeals department saying DWP had changed their decision in my favour case closed. It didn’t even get to the judge that was DWP first response.
I called DWP and I am now enhanced on both until 2026 which I’m thrilled with
Please anyone who feels they deserve a higher award you have to go to appeal. The DWP need to start treating us with the respect that we all deserve.

Thanks guys on this site couldn’t have done it without you all xx
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Angel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 days ago #258504 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Another win against DWP
Hi Sunshine99

Many, many congratulations. That is so good to hear. I know that you were fighting on a matter of principle and the fact that the DWP gave in at the last moment is a testament to your fighting spirit over the issue. I love what you wrote to the judge! So glad you can rest easily for a few years now.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 5 days ago #258518 by MrFibro
Replied by MrFibro on topic Another win against DWP
Hi,

Well done Sunshine99, guess we all if we can have to fight nail and tooth.

Nice to hear some good news.

Regards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sunshine99

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.