× Members

Moving from ESA to UC?

More
2 years 11 months ago #258955 by MsJane
Moving from ESA to UC? was created by MsJane
I've read the member only guides but I'm still unclear on what I do about transferring to UC. We move house this week to a new area so I understand that instead of HB, I would have to claim UC which also means I will no longer be able to have my IR-ESA (support group). Does this mean I ring ESA and tell them of an address change and they switch me over to UC? Or I have to do a UC application from scratch? Will I have to do another assessment to get UC? Or does ESA communicate with them and automatically transfer me over to ESA?

I'm very frightened about the whole process as we will lose money due to losing the SDP anyway plus the not knowing what will happen makes my medical conditions worsen. Any info would be appreciated thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #259189 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Moving from ESA to UC?
Hi MsJane

To apply for UC you have to do it online: www.gov.uk/universal-credit.

You need to seek advice from your local welfare rights organisation who will be able to take all your circumstances into account. You can find your local Welfare Rights Organisation to help you with advice by clicking on the link below and putting in your post code, it will then come up with a MAP with a list of agencies. advicelocal.uk

You will have to apply for UC which is done on line, you will also need to give your workcoach a 'fit note'

Some claimants who claim UC and are placed into the LCWRA group are better off than on legacy benefits but it all depends on your circumstances, which is why you need to seek advice from your local welfare rights organisation.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.