× Members

GP current Health Conditions

More
2 years 10 months ago #259025 by Lilian
GP current Health Conditions was created by Lilian
Hi
Received my PIP review form.
They suggest including a summary of your patient record.
My online active health problems are outdated and incorrect listing trivial acute problems dating back 20 years. Eg dog bite , mallet finger!
My current disabling conditions are all listed under Past Health Conditions Minor.!!
I have been told on my last 2 assessments that the reason I was called in was because GP when contacted sent in this inaccurate Active Health Conditions record which not list all my serious ongoing health conditions .. cervical , thoracic and lumber spondylosis, Fibromyalgia,

These assessments are very distressing and if my GP records were completed accurately and up to date the DWP assessor would be confident in making a decision
Is this common. What is the best way to deal with these omissions and inaccurate record.
Has anyone else had a problem with medical record not being updated?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #259037 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic GP current Health Conditions
Hi Lillian,
I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with your GP.
Under the recent GDPR regulations, you have a right to have incorrect information stored about to to be amended.
I found the following article online, which is written for doctors who have patients with similar issues to yourself.
www.gponline.com/amending-medical-record...ghts/article/1462317

If you lack confidence with your GP, you can always move to a different surgery nearby.

Additionally, if you feel you have not received the appropriate standard of care from your current surgery then you could make a formal complaint.
Good luck with resolving everything.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by LL26. Reason: Spelling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lilian, sjwcr

More
2 years 10 months ago #259042 by Lilian
Replied by Lilian on topic GP current Health Conditions
Thanks
I feel is more to do with poor admin updating computerised records.
I will send in a list of my current health conditions andask them to update current active problems and delete past acute problems now resolved .
Thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjwcr

More
2 years 10 months ago #259048 by an ex nurse
Replied by an ex nurse on topic GP current Health Conditions
Hi, I recently looked at my medical record and noticed exactly this problem. I was diagnosed with a serious spinal condition in 2006 which still massively impacts my life. This condition however appeared on my medical record as in the past. I wrote to my G.P. pointing out this inaccuracy and brought her up to date with how I am affected daily. My record was updated within a week and my spinal condition was at the top. Hope this helps. I understand this is a common issue particularly as G.P's are so busy due to covid.
Best wishes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lilian, sjwcr, LL26

More
2 years 10 months ago #259109 by sjwcr
Replied by sjwcr on topic GP current Health Conditions
I am having exactly the same problems with my records. Diagnosis dates have been changed and are wrong, Fibro moved to past conditions instead of current, etc... they are all over the place. Thanks to everyone on this thread for their input. I am glad to know it is not just me, and will take the advice and write to my GP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lilian

More
2 years 10 months ago #259135 by an ex nurse
Replied by an ex nurse on topic GP current Health Conditions
Hi sjwcr, I read an article that this is very common. A lot of people probably never see their record so would not be aware. It is good that you have found out about it and can contact your G.P. to correct it.
best wishes
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjwcr

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.