× Members

Contribution based ESA

More
2 years 11 months ago #259057 by Williamsmp
Contribution based ESA was created by Williamsmp
Hi All

I have been receiving Contributions based ESA which expires early June . I had an initial telephone assessment last April , then received a letter from the DWP saying they did not have enough evidence to place me in a group and I needed a f2f assessment which they were not and still I believe are not doing .

As I knew that my benefit would run out I approached my MP Craig Tracy who contacted the DWP and they told him my case was being looked at . I had a call saying I needed to provide fresh medical evidence - which I did and they then telephoned and said I now qualified for a phone assessment and my details ha been passed to the booking team . I called the booking team who said they had nothing for me at that time and that I would receive a letter .
I have multiple health issues , osteoarthritis, ibs , fecal and bladder incontinence anxiety and depression . It seems to me as if they just don’t care and are waiting for my benefit to expire . I’ve involved my mp again and he has raised it with them and to date they have still not come back to him.

I am so anxious worried and depressed due to all this. Is there anything else I can do and will my benefit just stop if I don’t hear anything regarding a phone assessment?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #259193 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Contribution based ESA
Hi OscarPoppy

You are not alone, we have heard from a number of forum members going through the same situation.

In answer to your question would your benefit stop, the short answer is yes, if you are in receipt of CB ESA and not placed in the support group then your claim will stop after 365 days.

If you are successful and placed in the support group then your benefit will be put back into payment and backdated. You need to check our guides as to the criteria for getting the support group criteria.

In order to qualify for the Support Group you need to;

* meet one or more of the relevant descriptors, or
* meet one of the associated Exceptional Circumstances rules.

The Support Group descriptors and the Exceptional Circumstances are listed in the Claiming ESA guides in the members area.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 11 months ago #259542 by Williamsmp
Replied by Williamsmp on topic Contribution based ESA
Hi

I have now had a telephone assessment at the weekend. As I mentioned I have several health issues that prevent me from being able to work , the assessor did not really ask me about my urinary and fecal incontinence , my ibs, or my Osteoarthritis although he did mention them . He focussed mainly on my mental health , anxiety and depression. Why would this be ?

Kind Regards

Oscarpoppy

More
2 years 10 months ago #259585 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Contribution based ESA
Hi OscarPoppy

As I answered in your other post, we can't tell you why an assessor chooses to focus on a particular issue and not on others, but sometimes they don't ask because they already feel they have sufficient information.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Williamsmp

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.